As I was writing last week’s post about 2019 books I still want to read, it occurred to me that I had written others posts like that over the last year. I started wondering how many of those books that I said I was going to read I actually got around too. So, I went back and looked through them and decided that I did pretty good, but not perfect.
I debated about sharing my results with you, but then I decided that it would be fun to go down memory lane with you. I linked the original posts to their titles if you want to look back at them.
January 2019 – Top TBR Reads
This was a Top 5 Wednesday post and I didn’t do too badly with these. I read 3/5 of them.
- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. I read this one and quite liked it, but I have not yet read any others in the series.
- Immoral Code by Lillian Clark. I had to read this one as it was an ARC, but it was good.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black. Nope still haven’t read this one.
- Realm of Ruins by Hannah West. Read it and enjoyed it.
- Stain by A.G. Howard. I have no excuse as to why I haven’t read this one. I love this author’s work, but for some reason I have fallen behind on her books.
February 2019 – Expanding my Horizons
This is probably the one I did the worst on. I wrote it because I was feeling like I had been reading too much fantasy and needed to expand my horizons to other genres. I listed nine books and only read two of them. I think I had a third checked out of the library at one point but never got around to reading it. Oh well.. I did however find myself picking up more books from other genres, just not these, so I guess I did accomplish something.
- Going Off Script by Jen Wilde. Was pretty good, but not my favorite contemporary.
- The Only Thing Worse Than You is Me by Lily Anderson. This one was quite good and I enjoyed it immensely. It often had me laughing.
- Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano and Shade Me by Jennifer Brown are two that I am still interested in reading.
February 2019 – Too Much Fantasy?
This one came closely on the heels of the one about expanding my horizons. Still looking for books other than fantasies, but I set my sights on books that I owned. I showed a picture of a stack of books, but I narrowed it down to just four books. I have only read two of them from those four, but I did read one other from the stack.
- The Toll by Cherie Priest. This was an odd one, but I liked it. I regret that I never got around to writing a review for it.
- No Exit by Taylor Adams. Still haven’t read this one, and it was on last week’s list. So maybe soon?
- The Boy Next Story by Tiffany Schmidt. This was a fun one even though I couldn’t remember much of Little Women.
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson. I am kind of sad about not getting around to reading this one. I really want to, but I am a bit intimidated by the size.
- Rise of the Crow by Jeremiah Franklin. Quite a dark book that was also short.
March 2019 – Spring Reads
Hey one I actually accomplished! I did read all of these though I am not sure I read them all in the Spring? I am still going to pat myself on the back for finishing this list.
- Defy the Fates by Claudia Gray. A great ending to a wonderful trilogy.
- Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse. Loved the first one, Loved the sequel, waiting anxiously for the third one.
- Finale by Stephanie Garber. Another good ending to a series.
- DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff. A stunning second book in this series. Loved it!
- The Red Scrolls of Magic by Cassandra Clare and Wesley Chu. A Little disappointed by this one, but still a fun read.
- The Scorch Dragons by Amie Kaufman. Just as fun as the first one!
I have a few more to write about, but this is getting a bit long. So I will save the rest for another post next week. Hope you enjoyed this trip down my TBR list. Are there any lists that you did or didn’t get done this year?