I had a hard time deciding what to do for my top favorites post this week. It started being my favorite winter covers, but I just couldn’t find enough of those that I really liked. Then I tried a few other idea, that I can’t now remember, but I decided just to go with covers, but do my favorites of the year instead of trying to focus on a theme. I tried to stick with books that were released this year.
- My favorite is probably The Illustrated Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I just love that dragon and how the picture wraps around to the back.
- I still really like the cover of The Tenth Girl, even though I ended up not liking the book very much. The cover really conveys the tone of the book.
- I’m not sure why I like the cover for Rage, I just do. I like how it compliments the first book in colors and tone. Really liked the book too.
- The Red Scrolls of Magic was another cover that I really liked, but the book just didn’t quite meet my expectations. Still I really like the Paris skyline with Magnus and Alec hovering over it.
- Realm of Ruins has a great cover. I love the castle in the background with the fire and the letters with the old fashioned scroll work around them.
- Even though I really didn’t like the book, The Priory of the Orange Tree is one of the best covers I have seen in a really long time. Love that dragon.
- Aurora Rising is another one that I can’t quite explain why I like it. I just think it fits the book really well and it attracts you to it.
- Wild and Crooked is one of the few contemporaries that I liked this year. The cover is great too, with lots to look at and once you have read the book you can see the clues that are in the cover.
- The Never Tilting World has another cover that I think is just really appealing, I would certainly pick this book up just on the cover alone. And bonus, I liked the book too.
- Serious Moonlight isn’t really a favorite cover, however, I picked it for this reason only, it makes me smile. But not for the reasons you might think. The book is set in Seattle in the summer, but this cover looks more like it is winter. Now our summers tend to be cooler than most places, but not wool hat wearing weather. Anyways, smiles are always good for what ever reason.
So those were some of my favorite covers from this year. What were some of your favorite covers this year?