My July monthly wrap up got so long that I decided to do a separate post for my anticipated reads in August. This is going to be a long one too. For some reason I went a little crazy on NetGalley with the requests for books coming out in September, but oh well. I think I can get them done. Some of my time this month will be spent working to get the library ready for the new school year, and in meetings (ugh!). So it will be pretty busy, but hopefully I will find the time to read.
ARC’s from NetGalley
Surprisingly enough I got all of my August ARC’s done last month, so I am onto the September commitments. I got two done already at the end of July so I have only 5 left. I have linked the covers to their GoodRead pages.
- Battledoors by Brian Wilkenson. This one sounded interesting. I like books where books or bookstores or a library transport you to an alternate world.
- Ignite the Stars by Maura Milan. A scify with the promise of a good adventure.
- Plague Land Reborn by Alex Scarrow. I really enjoyed the first book in the series and am looking forward to reading this one. A really interesting take on alien invasions.
- The Girl in the Locked Room by Mary Downing Hahn. I love this author’s work, she is always good for a just right scary ghost story. This is the only middle grade Arc for this month.
- The Lantern’s Ember by Colleen Houck. I picked this one because I enjoyed the author’s Tiger’s curse series and I had seen it on some fellow blogger’s anticipated reading lists. Since then I have seen some unfavorable reviews, so I am keeping my fingers crossed with this one. But that cover is gorgeous!
These are the books that are either on my holds list at the library or sitting on my bedside table waiting for me to pick them up. Most were published in the last few months or so, but a couple are older. Pictures are linked again to Goodreads.
Sitting on my bedside table are:
- The Smoke Thieves by Sally Green. This book came out in May but for some reason it took my library forever to get a copy. I loved her Half Bad series so I am looking forward to getting into this one.
- Every Word by Ellie Marney. This is the second book in that Sherlock Holmes like series. The first took place in Australia, this one is in London.
- The Archived by Victoria Schwab. I think I read this already a long time ago? The synopsis sounds familiar and I remember liking it if it is the same book.
Hopefully these will be coming soon (but not too soon)
- From Twinkle, with Love by Sandhya Menon. When Dimple met Rishi was one of my favorite reads so far this summer, so I had to get my hands on this one as quick as I could. It is also an audiobook with one of the same readers.
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James. I have seen nothing but good reviews about this book. It sounds like it has a twist ending that freaks everyone out so I can’t wait.
- The Supervillain and Me by Danielle Banas. Another one that I have seen good reviews of on blogs I follow. Sounds like something I will like.
- Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhourse. I was so disappointed that my request for this book on NetGalley wasn’t approved. It just sounds really good and I haven’t seen many reviews yet on it.
These four books will be released this month. Two of them at the end of the month, so not much chance of reading them till September.
- Genius: The Revolution by Leopoldo Gout. This is the third and last book in this series and I am really looking forward to seeing how it all ends.
- Neverwake by Amy Plum. This is the second and I think final book in the series. I will probably buy this one, mostly because I own the first one and I recently discovered that when you put the books together the covers mesh. It is super cool and I need to have it. Plus it is a really good series. Will literally keep you awake.
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. A middle grade book by one of the best writers around? I will definitely be buying this one, probably two copies, one for me and one for the library. Not coming out till the 28th though, so still a long wait.
- The Towering Sky by Katherine McGee. Another final book in a series. Can’t wait to see who betrays who. I would like to reread the first two before this one, so hopefully I will find the time.
There are a bunch more that I have on my TBR, some coming out in August and others that I haven’t gotten around to on my physical TBR stack. But these are the ones that will top the list this month.
What are you planning on reading this month? Anything I missed that is a must read? Let me know in the comments.