I saw this on Kalina Reads a couple of weeks ago, and I decided to tag myself for it. I just love a good challenge and this one was a lot of fun. Alas, I couldn’t find an answer for all of them, but I had fun looking.
You can see the Youtube video that this challenge originated from here.
Here are the rules:
1. Time yourself trying to find each prompt on your shelf
2. Try and beat the time of the person who challenged you.
3. Don’t forget to tag your challenger and the original creator.
4. Have fun!
Kalina didn’t time herself so I can’t compare, but I did most of it in less than 15 minutes. I had to look up a couple of them to double check that I was correct, which I didn’t time. I’ll talk about which ones when I get to them.
1. Do you have a book with deckled edges?
Surprisingly, No! Now I did not check every book in the house, so there might be one in my husbands collection, but I made the decision to only count my books.
2. Do you have a book with 3 or more people on the cover?
This one probably took the longest because I had to look at all of my covers that I remembered having people on them. I still haven’t read this one, but someday.
3. Do you have a book based on another fictional story?
Another one I haven’t read yet, but this is based on a Russian Fairytale, though I’m not sure which one.
4. Do you have a book with a title 10 letters long?
This was also one that took a little time, having to count all those letters. And, Oh No! Another one I haven’t read!
5. Do you have a book with a title that starts and ends with the same letter?
I guess I’m cheating a little bit on this one. I didn’t see the tiny little ‘The” on the spine. As a librarian I usually ignore those little words at the beginning of books anyways, so…yeah. I still haven’t read this one either, but I think it will be coming up on the TBR list soon.
6. Do you have a Mass Market Paperback book?
When I was reading through the questions before starting, I though my answer for this one was going to be no. I don’t usually buy these. But then I found a couple stashed in my bedside table, so Yeah for me! I decided on this one, because it is one I really want to read soon.
7. Do you have a book written by an author using a pen name?
This is the question that I had to do a little research on. I had no idea if any of the authors I usually buy had pen names. I don’t count using their initials as being a pen name. They have to be using a totally different name for it to count for me. So I looked for a list of author pen names and was shocked to find Cassandra Claire’s name on it. I had no idea that wasn’t her real name. So there you go, and another fun fact this is the only book by her I own and yeah, I have read it!
8. Do you have a book with a character’s name in the title?
This was one of the easier ones to find, and another one that I have read.
9. Do you have a book with 2 maps in it?
I thought this was going to be a hard one, but I got it on the first try. The map in the front is of The Empire and the back of the book has one of Blackcliff Academy.
10. Do you have a book that was turned into a TV show?
It hasn’t aired yet, but I’ still counting it. It looks awesome and with Neil Gaiman being so heavily involved with the production they will probably do it right. I’m still trying to decide it I want to reread it before I watch it.
11. Do you have a book written by someone who is originally famous for something else? (celebrity/athlete/politician/tv personality…)
Yeah, No. and I have no regrets either or apologies.
12. Do you have a book with a clock on the cover?
And yet another book I haven’t read yet, but look at that clock!
13. Do you have a poetry book?
So, I’m cheating here just so I can have an answer, this is my son’s from when he was a kid, but I love it too. I’m not the biggest poetry fan, but I love Shel’s stuff. It is so fun!
14. Do you have a book with an award stamp on it?
Alas, I tend to buy my books before they win any awards. But I knew that this one had won a Printz honor, so even though my copy doesn’t have the seal, I’m counting it.
15. Do you have a book written by an author with the same initials as you?
I looked really hard for this one, but just couldn’t find one that matched. I also checked my Goodreads list just for grins and nope. If you know of any authors with the initials E.N.D. let me know.
16. Do you have a book of short stories?
Why yes I do. Actually I have a couple which I was a little surprised at. But I chose this one, because not only are the stories gorgeous, the illustrations are too.
17. Do you have a book that is between 500-510 pages long?
I kind of gave up after the 10th book I picked up. But then I had the brilliant idea to use Goodreads and sort my read list by pages. And yes I found three that I actually own!
18. Do you have a book that was turned into a movie?
This one was tough, several books that I currently own have been optioned for movies but have yet to be made. So that leaves me with Harry Potter. Visualize your favorite cover here.
19. Do you have a graphic novel?
Another one I would have said no, until I actually looked at my shelf and found this one. It is a signed copy.
20. Do you have a book written by 2 or more authors?
Actually I was a bit surprised how many of these I have, so it was tough to decide which one. I decided to go with this one though. It is one of my favorite collaborative works.
I had books for 17/20 questions which seems pretty good to me. Just for grins I counted up how many books I haven’t read yet and came up with 7, which is an ok number I think, less than half anyways. This challenge certainly put some of them back on my must read soon list.
I’m not good at tagging people, so If you like a good challenge, go for it. It was fun!