June is almost over which means that the year is half over too! Wow! I can’t believe that! So for this week’s topic I decided to go with my most anticipated reads for the rest of the year. Now, I could not limit myself to just 5 books this time, so that is why you see a plus sign after the 5. But I did decide to do just 5 months instead of six, so there is the five part of the equation. (Did that make sense? I hope so.)
All of the titles are linked to their GoodReads pages in case you want more information about them, or you know add them to your TBR.
My Most Anticipated Reads
for the rest of 2019!
- Plague Land: No Escape by Alex Scarrow. (July 2) One of the most harrowing alien invasions yet. Last book and I can’t wait to see how it ends!
- The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson ( July 9) I picked this one up at ALA and can’t wait to get it read sometime this summer.
- Within Ash and Stardust by Chani Lynn Feener (July 16) Another finale in a really good science fiction romance.
- In the Woods by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel (July 16) Sounded really spooky and I’m always up for a good mystery.
- #Murderfunding by Gretchen McNeil (August 6) I passed up the first book last year on Netgalley and ended up regretting that. Looking forward to reading this one, but first I must read #Murdertrending.
- The Demon World by Sally Green (August 6) I really liked the first book in this series, so different from her Half-Bad books.
- Curse of the Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen (August 13) These books are hilarious. Can’t wait to see how it all ends.
- Rage by Cora Carmack (August 27) This sequel has been a long time in coming. I will definitely be rereading the first book. I only have vague memories about it, but I know that I loved it!
- Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine (Sept. 3) Finally the conclusion to this amazing story. And after the finish on the last one, I am prepared to have my heart broken again.
- Five Dark Fates by Kendare Blake (Sept 3) Another conclusion. It will be interesting to see where she goes with this one.
- Bid My Soul Farewell by Beth Revis (Sept 24) The first book was one of my favorites from last year. Really looking forward to reading this one.
- WayWard Son by Rainbow Rowell (Sept 24) Loved the first book and am so excited that there is going to be another one!
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (Oct. 1) Sounds so intriguing. I grew up near New Haven, so it will be interesting to see how Yale is portrayed in this dark thriller.
- Angel Mage by Garth Nix. (Oct 1) I have not read a lot by Nix, but what I have read I really liked. This one sounds so interesting that I had to include it.
- Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia (Oct 1) I loved Eliza and Her Monsters so I am looking forward to enjoying this who done it.
- Rebel by Marie Lu (Oct 1) The Legend series is still one of my favorites, so I am really happy that we are getting another book set in this world. Even though the book is more about Eden, I will probably still reread the other books first.
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern (Nov. 5) Another book by this author? Do I need to give another reason? Sounds amazing.
- Supernova by Marissa Meyer (Nov 5) I am so excited to read this one. Can’t wait to see how it all wraps up.
- The Toll by Neal Shusterman (Nov. 5) Another series ending. So sad to see this one go, I have enjoyed it so much.
- The Queen of Nothing by Holly Black (Nov. 19th) Still haven’t read The Wicked King, but I will before this final book comes out.
Lots of series ending this year! I can’t decide if that is a good or bad thing. Also have you noticed how many good books have the same publishing day? Anyways, I hope you enjoyed the post and found at least one book to add to that ever growing TBR beast. What books are you looking forward to coming out this year?