This is the second part to a post I started last week that looks back at all of the TBR lists I made over the year to see how many of those books I actually read. I did a little better the second half of the year than I did in the first, but I noticed that the same books keep coming up and most of those I still haven’t read. Well, I am going to try super hard this month to remedy that situation.
June 2019 – My Most Anticipated Reads for the Rest of 2019
This was probably my most ambitious list this year, but I did pretty well with it. I listed 20 books and I managed to read 14 of them, which is pretty darn good. Some of the books I haven’t read from this list, ended up on other ones Here are the ones I read.
I’m slightly cheating here as I have only started reading Wayward son, but I am enjoying it and can’t see myself not finishing it, so it counts. The ones left on this list are pretty much ones that I really want to read so I probably will finish it all, just perhaps not this year.
August 2019 – Quick Reads
This was a pretty good list, in that I was able to read almost all of them. The fact that they were short helped a great deal. I think the Bear and the Nightingale keeps popping up on my TBR put I still haven’t read it. Maybe soon as it will be a good winter read I think.
September 2019 – October Releases
All of these, except for Never Tilting World, showed up on my most anticipated list. I have only read two from this list, but I’m hoping to get to the others soon.
- Rebel by Marie Lu. I bought a copy, so can read it whenever I have the time. I really want to, as I loved this world and am looking forward to going back.
- Thirteen Doorways Wolves Behind Them All by Laura Ruby. I actually had this one checked out from the library but ran out of time to read it. I think I might do the audio book instead, but we will see.
- Now Entering Addamsville by Francesca Zappia was okay. Not my favorite.
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. I just picked this one up from the library so hopefully I will get to it soon.
- The Never Tilting World by Rin Chupeco. Some mixed feelings about this one. It was hard to get into, but it ended up being pretty good.
October 2019 – Scary Reads
Another list where I only managed to read two out of five. Oh well, I’m still interested in reading the other three, but they may have to wait.
- When the Sky Fell on Splendor by Emily Henry ended up being much different than I thought it would be. Not even all that scary.
- This Lie Will Kill You by Chelsea Pitcher. I still want to read this one, it sounds really good.
- Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaffer is one I really want to read once I’m done with the Dr. Greta Helsing books.
- Strange Practice by Vivian Shaw. I’m on the second book in this series and I am quite enjoying it.
- The Near Witch by V.E. Schwab. I’m not sure how many times I have said I am going to read this, but at least 3 times since I bought it. I am definitely getting it done before the end of the year.
So this brings us up to the list that started all of this reflection, 2019 Books I Still Haven’t Read. I am happy to report that I have started one of those, Once and Future, which I am quite enjoying. I am hoping to get to the other four when I am done with that one.
So I crunched the numbers and it looks like I read 31 books out of the 59 I talked about on all of my lists. That is slightly more than half, and I might still squeeze some of them in. My counting may not be entirely accurate as some of the books are mentioned twice, but math was never my strong suit.
It was fun looking back and I hope you enjoyed this too. It was a nice way to look at all of the books I have read this year.
Are there any books that you said you were going to read this year that you haven’t gotten too?