Well this was kind of a crazy month that went by way too fast. Lots of stuff to wrap up at work, including trying to get all of the library books back that were checked out before the schools closed. Plus trying to come up with plans for next school year with out really knowing what the district is going to do. I was, surprisingly enough, able to keep up with my reading and managed to get 16 books done. Except for two of them, I enjoyed all of them and even have a few new favorites.
- I just loved Aurora Burning and can’t wait for the last book. Such a long wait!!!
- 10 Things I hate about Pinky was rather disappointing.
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes was really good but so slow, it was almost painful.
- Shadowblack was just as good as the first book. I really like the characters and the story. So much fun.
- Battle Born was the conclusion to the Elementals trilogy and it was very good.
- Little Brother was a reread and it was just as good as the first time I read it. I hope to read the sequel sometime soon as well.
- Hollow Kingdom was such a fun read. So interesting to see the zombie apocalypse from the animal’s point of view.
- Deal with the Devil was a fast and fun read. I hope to get the review up next week.
- Burn is one of my new favorite reads. Loved the dragons, loved the story, but poor Seattle!
- Charmcaster is the third book in the Spellslinger series and I think my favorite so far. I really want a squirrel cat of my own.
- All These Monsters was another favorite this month. So much going on in this one.
- American Royals was perhaps the biggest disappointment this month. Just ended up really not liking it and almost DNF’d several times. Not picking up the next one.
- Strange the Dreamer was a reread. It had been so long since I read it, that I remembered very little and really wanted it fresh in my mind before reading The Muse of Nightmares.
- Soulbinder is the fourth book in the Spellslinger series. I missed Ferius and Reichis, but enjoyed the new types of magic Kellen encountered.
- The Tyrant’s Tomb is also the fourth book in a series. (I’m sensing a theme here). I’m really looking forward to the last book later this fall.
- His Majesty’s Dragon is not like any other dragon story I have read. I found it fascinating and will be reading the entire series as soon as I’m done with Spellslinger.
A very full month with some great books. How was your month? What was your favorite read?