Wow! My brain just sort of exploded when I wrote 2020 in the title. Hard to believe that a new decade is starting. Well, a new decade means new beginnings. I have been cleaning out my shelfs this last week and taking a hard look at the books I haven’t read yet. I have decided to get rid of quite a few of them, mostly old ARC’s that I picked up at conferences years ago and have just decided that if I hadn’t read them yet, I probably wasn’t going to anytime soon. But I also got rid of a few other books too, so now I have some room, which I quickly filled up with books that were stacked on my floor. Oh well.
One of my resolutions this year is to read more of the books I already own. I have been finding lately that if I put my reading plans on the blog, then I am more likely to actually follow through on reading them. On average I read 15 books every month, so I decided to pick 5 books from my stacks to read each month. The rest of the books will be split up between ARC’s from Netgalley, library books and finishing up some older series I started this year.
Books I’m Reading This Month
- I was so excited to get my hands on Rebel, but then I just kept putting off reading it. Not anymore. It will be my first of this list.
- I was pretty shocked when The Toll came out and I saw how long it was. That is one reason I haven’t read it yet. The other is that I have heard Rowan and Citra aren’t in it that much? Not sure how true that is but we will see.
- I have enjoyed the Renegade series so much and I am really looking forward to seeing how it all ends. Supernova is another long one though.
- To balance out those two long books, I thought I would round out the list with two shorter books. The Bear and the Nightingale is one that I keep saying I am going to read and then never do, but this is the month.
- The Marrow Thieves I picked up a few months ago. It is one I have had on my Goodreads list for awhile though.
I’m not sure what other books will fill out the rest of my month, except I know I will continue to read the Iron Druid books. I will also be rereading The Diviners series by Libba Bray. It has been 3 years since the last book came out and the final one is out in February, so looking forward to that.
What books are you planning on reading in January?